With the concept of ‘business as usual’ now looking like a distant memory, businesses need to begin looking at how workspaces can be adapted to meet social distancing guidelines. The health and safety of your employees and customers should be at the forefront of all your decision making, and we are here to support and help you through this process.
Cleaning and hygiene
The COVID-19 virus is spread by someone infected either coughing or exhaling and thus releasing droplets of contaminated fluid. Many of these droplets fall on nearby surfaces and objects and are spread to other areas via touch. As well as maintaining safe social distancing, increasing cleaning and hygiene practices in the workplace will be crucial in keeping the working environment safe.
Here are some simple steps to take when cleaning and disinfecting your workstation:
All surfaces such as desks, tables, telephones and keyboards need to be thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant regularly. Shop our full range of back to work cleaning and hygiene products.
- Wear disposable gloves when disinfecting areas and ensure you dispose of gloves afterwards.
- Wipe the surface with an all-purpose-cleaner first before disinfecting.
- Spray the chosen disinfectant onto areas you wish to disinfect. The disinfectant must sit on the surface for 10 minutes to kill COVID-19. Do not wipe the area dry. If the disinfectant has dried before 10 minutes, re-apply.
- For cleaning and disinfecting of any electronic devices, ensure you always spray the disinfectant onto a cloth and then wipe the device. Never spray liquids, including disinfectants, onto your electronics as this may damage them
- Do not use the same cleaning cloth for more than one area when disinfecting your work environment.
- Pay extra detail when cleaning high touch surface areas, for example, your desk, hard-backed chairs, draw handles, doorknobs and your keyboard.
Wash your hands with soap and water:
- Ensure you use enough soap to cover your hands
- Make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect your hands frequently
- Ensure you have easily accessible hand sanitiser on your desk
- Access to hot water and soap in your workplace is essential to minimise the risk of the infection spreading.
Protective screen solutions
Maintaining social distance guidelines is imperative upon the return to work. Where social distancing is not possible, providing physical partitions between colleagues and visitors is recommended. View our full range of screen solutions here.
Keeping working environments as open and light as possible has many benefits towards the wellbeing of your employees. Here are some ways you can introduce protective screen solutions in the modern working environment whilst maintaining the feeling of space and light.
Translucent screens can not only help keep spaces bright and modern but also help keep working environments as collaborative as possible. We have a wide range of Acrylic screen protectors for you to choose from; including desk mounted high screens, screen toppers and free-standing high screens. View our full range of translucent screens here.
Fabric solutions are ideal to use on single or desk clusters and are great for when privacy is needed. We have a selection of anti-bacterial cleanable fabrics available to make upholstered screens as safe and as easy to clean as possible when it comes to infection control. Having protective screens with anti-microbial treatments or bleach-cleanable products are just as important to protect employees in the fight against microbes. View our full range of fabric protective screens here.
Printed protective screen solutions are a great way to bring a little bit of life into the working environment. From backgrounds such as pebble, plant and sky to choose from, you can make workspaces as individual and as diverse as you want. We have a selection of screen toppers and floor standing screens offering flexible and versatile protective screen solutions for all working environments. View our full range of printed protective screens here.
Work from home
Working from home should be encouraged for the safety of yourself and your colleagues. If possible, facilitate working from home in your business. To ensure you have everything you need for your home worker set up, we have introduced home deliveries, providing you and your team with everything your home office may require wherever your workspace may be.
Focus on your priorities, we’ll look after your workplace.